China dares again, dismantles Indian bunkers
Leh: Chinese troops are reported to have
entered into Indian territory and destroyed some old Army
bunkers and tents in Chumar division of Nyoma sector, about
300 kilometres from here.
While some reports suggested that the Chinese troops in
helicopters entered one-and-a-half kilometres into Indian
airspace, other reports said that the helicopters landed in
Chinese territory and then the troops marched into the area to
dismantle the bunkers, a move aimed at displaying that the
area belonged to them.
The Army denied that any such incident had taken place.
But sources in the know said that two Chinese helicopters had
entered into air space and landed one-and-half kilometres into
the Indian territory at Chumar in Chingthang area of Tehsil
The Chinese troops attempted to dismantle an old army
bunker, which was not used by the troops for long, the sources
Another version quoted to eyewitnesses, who are often the
grazers, said that Chinese helicopters landed near the Line of
Actual Control and then marched in to destroy old bunkers of
the army and tents of ITBP.
A report in this regard has been sent by the state
government officials to their headquarters.
Udhampur-based Northern Command Army Spokesperson Col
Rajesh Kalia said there was no such report of helicopter
landing or destruction of bunkers. However, senior Army
officials said that Chumar was an area were the LAC was not
clearly demarcated and there was always a difference of
perception in the area.
Chinese troops had in July 2009 entered nearly 1.5 KM
into Indian territory near Mount Gya, recognised as
international border by India and China, and painted the
boulders and rocks with red spray paint.
The incursions were reported from the area, generally
referred in the Chumar sector in east of Leh, and painted
"China" in Cantonese with Red spray paint all over the
boulders and rocks.
On June 21 in 2009, a Chinese helicopter had entered the
Indian airspace and is reported to have air-dropped canned
food again at Chumar, which is northeast of Leh in Jammu and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?