China dismisses confronting Indian naval ship
Beijing: China on Monday dismissed as
"groundless" a media report that its navy had confronted an
Indian naval ship in the South China Sea while returning from
a goodwill visit to Vietnam.
"The report is denied by the Indian navy. We also
conformed with the relevant authorities. The report is
groundless", Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson, Jiang Yu
told a media briefing.
She was replying to questions whether the Chinese
government had verified Indian government statement that its
naval ship, INS Airavat received a radio message, while
through South China Sea, by a caller identifying himself as
the "Chinese Navy," stating that "you are entering Chinese
Jiang said "I hope that media while reporting on such
mater consult and confirm with the relevant governments".
The Financial Times of London last week reported that a
Chinese warship confronted the Indian navy vessel shortly
after it left Vietnamese waters in late July in the first such
reported encounter between the two countries` navies in the
South China Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog