China dismisses confronting Indian naval ship
Beijing: China on Monday dismissed as
"groundless" a media report that its navy had confronted an
Indian naval ship in the South China Sea while returning from
a goodwill visit to Vietnam.
"The report is denied by the Indian navy. We also
conformed with the relevant authorities. The report is
groundless", Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson, Jiang Yu
told a media briefing.
She was replying to questions whether the Chinese
government had verified Indian government statement that its
naval ship, INS Airavat received a radio message, while
through South China Sea, by a caller identifying himself as
the "Chinese Navy," stating that "you are entering Chinese
Jiang said "I hope that media while reporting on such
mater consult and confirm with the relevant governments".
The Financial Times of London last week reported that a
Chinese warship confronted the Indian navy vessel shortly
after it left Vietnamese waters in late July in the first such
reported encounter between the two countries` navies in the
South China Sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested