China expresses sorrow over Uttarakhand disaster
Beijing: China on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives and damage to properties in the aftermath of devastating floods in Uttarakhand and surrounding areas.
Premier Li Keqiang has sent a message of condolence to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh, expressing grief over the casualties and loss of property, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hu Chunying told reporters here.
"We believe that under the leadership of the Indian government and people in the disaster stricken area are sure to tide over the difficulties and rebuild their lives at an early date," Hu said.
Flash floods and landslides that hit Uttarakhand last week killed nearly 700 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch