China expresses sorrow over Uttarakhand disaster
Beijing: China on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives and damage to properties in the aftermath of devastating floods in Uttarakhand and surrounding areas.
Premier Li Keqiang has sent a message of condolence to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh, expressing grief over the casualties and loss of property, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hu Chunying told reporters here.
"We believe that under the leadership of the Indian government and people in the disaster stricken area are sure to tide over the difficulties and rebuild their lives at an early date," Hu said.
Flash floods and landslides that hit Uttarakhand last week killed nearly 700 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says