China expresses sorrow over Uttarakhand disaster
Beijing: China on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives and damage to properties in the aftermath of devastating floods in Uttarakhand and surrounding areas.
Premier Li Keqiang has sent a message of condolence to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh, expressing grief over the casualties and loss of property, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hu Chunying told reporters here.
"We believe that under the leadership of the Indian government and people in the disaster stricken area are sure to tide over the difficulties and rebuild their lives at an early date," Hu said.
Flash floods and landslides that hit Uttarakhand last week killed nearly 700 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump