China expresses sorrow over Uttarakhand disaster
Beijing: China on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives and damage to properties in the aftermath of devastating floods in Uttarakhand and surrounding areas.
Premier Li Keqiang has sent a message of condolence to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh, expressing grief over the casualties and loss of property, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hu Chunying told reporters here.
"We believe that under the leadership of the Indian government and people in the disaster stricken area are sure to tide over the difficulties and rebuild their lives at an early date," Hu said.
Flash floods and landslides that hit Uttarakhand last week killed nearly 700 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey detains almost 300 presidential guards: Official
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1