China expresses sorrow over Uttarakhand disaster
Beijing: China on Monday expressed grief over the loss of lives and damage to properties in the aftermath of devastating floods in Uttarakhand and surrounding areas.
Premier Li Keqiang has sent a message of condolence to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh, expressing grief over the casualties and loss of property, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hu Chunying told reporters here.
"We believe that under the leadership of the Indian government and people in the disaster stricken area are sure to tide over the difficulties and rebuild their lives at an early date," Hu said.
Flash floods and landslides that hit Uttarakhand last week killed nearly 700 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav