China for better understanding, widening of ties with India
New Delhi: China on Tuesday strongly pitched for better understanding and widening of ties with India, asserting that it was not only important for these two countries but also for the region.
There is a need for greater interaction between people from all walks of life, especially journalists for better understanding of how the government and systems function in respective countries, Cai Mingzhao, Chinese Minister of the State Council Information Office, said during a visit to a news agency`s headquarters here.
The minister, who was accompanied by Chinese Ambassador to India Wei Wei and other senior officials of his ministry and embassy, talked to senior editors of a news agency on several media- related issues, including enhanced cooperation between Chinese official news agency Xinhua and the Indian news agency.
The minister, who inaugurated the first India-China media forum along with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid yesterday, also said that India and China`s relationship has great potential for growth which should be utilised through enhanced interactions.
He also advocated the dependence on "authentic" sources while reporting big events happening in China instead of depending on western media, which may have difference in their perception while doing the reportage of incidents there.
During the Forum meeting yesterday, he had also proposed that the media forum become an institutionalised platform for regular exchanges between the media persons of the two sides and should be held alternatively in India and China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda