China for better understanding, widening of ties with India
New Delhi: China on Tuesday strongly pitched for better understanding and widening of ties with India, asserting that it was not only important for these two countries but also for the region.
There is a need for greater interaction between people from all walks of life, especially journalists for better understanding of how the government and systems function in respective countries, Cai Mingzhao, Chinese Minister of the State Council Information Office, said during a visit to a news agency`s headquarters here.
The minister, who was accompanied by Chinese Ambassador to India Wei Wei and other senior officials of his ministry and embassy, talked to senior editors of a news agency on several media- related issues, including enhanced cooperation between Chinese official news agency Xinhua and the Indian news agency.
The minister, who inaugurated the first India-China media forum along with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid yesterday, also said that India and China`s relationship has great potential for growth which should be utilised through enhanced interactions.
He also advocated the dependence on "authentic" sources while reporting big events happening in China instead of depending on western media, which may have difference in their perception while doing the reportage of incidents there.
During the Forum meeting yesterday, he had also proposed that the media forum become an institutionalised platform for regular exchanges between the media persons of the two sides and should be held alternatively in India and China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach