China has much to learn from India: Dalai Lama
Jaipur: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Thursday said ‘genuine’ friendship between China and India on the basis of mutual trust is ‘essential’ and China has much to learn from India.
“Genuine friendship between India and China is essential. On the basis of mutual trust the Hindi-Chini bhai bhai relation is essential,” the Nobel prize winner said at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival here.
Speaking of Indian democratic traditions, the 77-year- old spiritual leader said China has a lot learn from India.
"China is one of the world’s most populous country and India is the most populous democracy. China has much to learn from the India,” he said.
The leader, who preaches non-violence, while replying to a question said he personally opposes death penalty but it depends on the laws of every country opt for.
He was asked about his opinion on the demand of death penalty by various sections of society following the brutal Delhi gang-rape incident.
“I do not like death penalty, it is my personal view. But it depends on every country. It depends on their laws,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!