China has much to learn from India: Dalai Lama
Jaipur: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Thursday said ‘genuine’ friendship between China and India on the basis of mutual trust is ‘essential’ and China has much to learn from India.
“Genuine friendship between India and China is essential. On the basis of mutual trust the Hindi-Chini bhai bhai relation is essential,” the Nobel prize winner said at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival here.
Speaking of Indian democratic traditions, the 77-year- old spiritual leader said China has a lot learn from India.
"China is one of the world’s most populous country and India is the most populous democracy. China has much to learn from the India,” he said.
The leader, who preaches non-violence, while replying to a question said he personally opposes death penalty but it depends on the laws of every country opt for.
He was asked about his opinion on the demand of death penalty by various sections of society following the brutal Delhi gang-rape incident.
“I do not like death penalty, it is my personal view. But it depends on every country. It depends on their laws,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!