China has much to learn from India: Dalai Lama
Jaipur: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Thursday said ‘genuine’ friendship between China and India on the basis of mutual trust is ‘essential’ and China has much to learn from India.
“Genuine friendship between India and China is essential. On the basis of mutual trust the Hindi-Chini bhai bhai relation is essential,” the Nobel prize winner said at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival here.
Speaking of Indian democratic traditions, the 77-year- old spiritual leader said China has a lot learn from India.
"China is one of the world’s most populous country and India is the most populous democracy. China has much to learn from the India,” he said.
The leader, who preaches non-violence, while replying to a question said he personally opposes death penalty but it depends on the laws of every country opt for.
He was asked about his opinion on the demand of death penalty by various sections of society following the brutal Delhi gang-rape incident.
“I do not like death penalty, it is my personal view. But it depends on every country. It depends on their laws,” he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!