China hopes for smooth Indian elections
Beijing: China hopes India`s general elections proceed smoothly, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said Tuesday.
Hong said China has always attached great importance to ties with India and hoped that the two sides would be committed to the development of their strategic cooperative partnership for peace and prosperity, Xinhua reported.
He called on the two sides to boost the development of bilateral relations, benefit their people, and achieve common development.
When asked to comment on India-China border disputes, Hong said China`s stance on the issue was very clear and did not need further explanation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why