China, India set to sign series of deals
Beijing: China and India will sign a series of bilateral agreements during Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Beijing, Xinhua quoted a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman as saying on Friday.
In response to a question at a daily news briefing concerning the discussion between China and India to simplify visa procedures, spokeswoman Hua Chunying said China welcomed the relaxation of visa restrictions as it would make people-to-people exchanges more convenient and benefit bilateral trade and economic.
Singh will pay an official visit to China Oct 22-24 as guest of his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang.
In May, Li visited India, when he and Singh reached broad consensus to further develop China-India relations.
"We are willing to work together with India to strengthen political mutual trust, deepen pragmatic cooperation, and enhance communication and coordination on major international and regional issues to push forward bilateral strategic partnership," Hua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands