China, India set to sign series of deals
Beijing: China and India will sign a series of bilateral agreements during Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s visit to Beijing, Xinhua quoted a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman as saying on Friday.
In response to a question at a daily news briefing concerning the discussion between China and India to simplify visa procedures, spokeswoman Hua Chunying said China welcomed the relaxation of visa restrictions as it would make people-to-people exchanges more convenient and benefit bilateral trade and economic.
Singh will pay an official visit to China Oct 22-24 as guest of his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang.
In May, Li visited India, when he and Singh reached broad consensus to further develop China-India relations.
"We are willing to work together with India to strengthen political mutual trust, deepen pragmatic cooperation, and enhance communication and coordination on major international and regional issues to push forward bilateral strategic partnership," Hua said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers