China, India should work to deepen mutual trust: Zhang Yan
New Delhi: Outgoing Chinese Ambassador Zhang Yan has said China and India face similar challenges and have every reason to work together to deepen "mutual trust, promote friendship and expand cooperation."
Terming as "best" the current status of China-India relationship, the 62-year Chinese envoy, who is leaving in the middle of next month after a stint of nearly five years, said, "My assignment in India is very rewarding and memorable. I will cherish this fond memory for ever."
Zhang, who was interacting with the guests at a reception to mark the National Day of China yesterday, also recalled the recent top-level visits between the leaders of the two countries, including Chinese President Hu Jintao`s visit here earlier this year for BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa) Summit.
"I am happy to see that China-India relations are developing in a robust and all round manner. Active high level interactions have become a salient feature of our bilateral relations," he said.
He also noted that China and India have undertaken a series of actions to deepen their strategic partnership relations."Economic cooperation is growing steadily. Both sides are working towards the goal of achieving a bilateral trade of USD 100 billion by the year 2015," he said.
"As two fast emerging economies, China and India share a lot of commonalities and face similar challenges. We have every reason to work together to deepen mutual trust, promote friendship and expand cooperation, so as to bring tangible benefits to our peoples, and make fresh contribution to the peace and prosperity of the world," Zhang said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know