China intrudes Indian airspace in Pangong Tso, Chushul region
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Vice President Hamid Ansari visited Beijing to take part in the 60th anniversary of Panchsheel, Chinese helicopters on Sunday violated Indian airspace in Pangong Tso and Chushul region in Ladakh.
The recent intrusion by helicopters is being treated as China`s third attempt in 24 hours to disturb the Indo-China bilateral ties.
On Saturday, the latest map of China showed India`s Arunachal Pradesh state as its territory. Moreover, a large part of Jammu and Kashmir was also shown as part of China.
Besides this, China has reportedly commissioned a "preliminary research study" to build an international rail link connecting its border province of Xinjiang to Pakistan, a contentious project from India`s perspective as it runs through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK).
Meanwhile, Congress leader Manish Tewari made a scathing attack on NDA government`s strategies on dealing with China.
Tewari told ANI, “A government which has been so muscular and coercive in its foreign policy has been silent on the issue of this cartographic invasion.”
He further added, “Have Indian delegation protested against this cartographic invasion? If not, why is this government so quiet?”
On the other hand, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi while defending his government said, “India has a clear stand and will not compromise on even an inch of our land.”
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31