China intrudes Indian airspace in Pangong Tso, Chushul region
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after Vice President Hamid Ansari visited Beijing to take part in the 60th anniversary of Panchsheel, Chinese helicopters on Sunday violated Indian airspace in Pangong Tso and Chushul region in Ladakh.
The recent intrusion by helicopters is being treated as China`s third attempt in 24 hours to disturb the Indo-China bilateral ties.
On Saturday, the latest map of China showed India`s Arunachal Pradesh state as its territory. Moreover, a large part of Jammu and Kashmir was also shown as part of China.
Besides this, China has reportedly commissioned a "preliminary research study" to build an international rail link connecting its border province of Xinjiang to Pakistan, a contentious project from India`s perspective as it runs through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK).
Meanwhile, Congress leader Manish Tewari made a scathing attack on NDA government`s strategies on dealing with China.
Tewari told ANI, “A government which has been so muscular and coercive in its foreign policy has been silent on the issue of this cartographic invasion.”
He further added, “Have Indian delegation protested against this cartographic invasion? If not, why is this government so quiet?”
On the other hand, BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi while defending his government said, “India has a clear stand and will not compromise on even an inch of our land.”
(With Agency inputs)
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today