China rejects hacking charges of Indian govt
Beijing: China on Tuesday dismissed as
"groundless" India`s charge that Chinese hackers had attempted
to break into sensitive Indian government computers, a week
after American internet giant Google levelled a similar
allegation against it.
"I can say that these accusations are groundless,"
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ma Zhaoxu told reporters when asked
to comment on National Security Adviser M K Narayanan`s
reported comments that Chinese hackers may be involved in a
December 15 attempt to penetrate Indian government computers,
including that of his office.
"The Chinese government is firmly against hacking
activities and will deal with relevant cases in accordance
with the law," Ma said.
He also claimed that China itself was the "biggest
victim" of hacking activities.
Narayanan told The Times of London that his office and
other government departments were targeted on December 15, the
same date when Google reported cyber attacks originating from
China. He said the attack came in the form of an e-mail with a
PDF attachment containing `Trojan` virus which allows a hacker
to access a computer remotely and download or delete files.
"People seem to be fairly sure it was the Chinese. It is
difficult to find the exact source but this is the main
suspicion. It seems well founded," he was quoted as saying.
Google had last week threatened to shut down its
operations in China after uncovering hacking attempts into
e-mail accounts of Chinese human rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'