China rejects hacking charges of Indian govt
Beijing: China on Tuesday dismissed as
"groundless" India`s charge that Chinese hackers had attempted
to break into sensitive Indian government computers, a week
after American internet giant Google levelled a similar
allegation against it.
"I can say that these accusations are groundless,"
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ma Zhaoxu told reporters when asked
to comment on National Security Adviser M K Narayanan`s
reported comments that Chinese hackers may be involved in a
December 15 attempt to penetrate Indian government computers,
including that of his office.
"The Chinese government is firmly against hacking
activities and will deal with relevant cases in accordance
with the law," Ma said.
He also claimed that China itself was the "biggest
victim" of hacking activities.
Narayanan told The Times of London that his office and
other government departments were targeted on December 15, the
same date when Google reported cyber attacks originating from
China. He said the attack came in the form of an e-mail with a
PDF attachment containing `Trojan` virus which allows a hacker
to access a computer remotely and download or delete files.
"People seem to be fairly sure it was the Chinese. It is
difficult to find the exact source but this is the main
suspicion. It seems well founded," he was quoted as saying.
Google had last week threatened to shut down its
operations in China after uncovering hacking attempts into
e-mail accounts of Chinese human rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands