China supports Indo-Pak talks
Beijing: With Foreign Secretaries of India and Pakistan holding talks in Islamabad, China on Thursday said it supported the two countries resolving their differences
through dialogue and cooperation.
"Both India and Pakistan are good neighbours of China and
major countries of South Asia. We believe that improvement of
India Pakistan relationship will not only serve the interest
South Asia but also the environment of whole of Asia," Foreign
Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing here.
His remarks came when his reaction was sought on the
Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary-level talks being held in
"China welcomes the contacts and dialogue between India
and Pakistan and supports India and Pakistan resolving
differences through dialogue and cooperation and realising
About the ongoing visit of an Indian military delegation
to China, Hong said China regarded defence relations between
the two countries as important part of bilateral ties.
"We would like to conduct defence cooperation actively to
enhance exchange and cooperation between the Defence
Ministries of our two countries," he said.
An eight-member multi-command delegation from India is in
China on a week-long visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok