China yet to confirm Khurshid’s Beijing visit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amid indications that China may not retreat from Ladakh, the country has refused to confirm the scheduled visit of Union Minister of External Affairs Salman Khurshid to Beijing on May 9. Khurshid is expected to discuss the border issue with top ranking Chinese officials during his visit to the country.
According to a leading English daily, there has been no response from the Foreign Office of China on whether Khurshid would be meeting premier Li Keqiang. However, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson has claimed that both sides are in talks over the issue and information on Khurshid’s visit would be released in due course.
With regard to some construction work by India on its side near the Line of Actual Control, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying pointed that both the countries had reached a consensus over the border issue, and Beijing was opposed to any action that violated it.
She further asserted that both the sides were making attempts for a speedy solution of the issue and were in consultation and discussion with each other on the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls