China yet to confirm Khurshid’s Beijing visit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amid indications that China may not retreat from Ladakh, the country has refused to confirm the scheduled visit of Union Minister of External Affairs Salman Khurshid to Beijing on May 9. Khurshid is expected to discuss the border issue with top ranking Chinese officials during his visit to the country.
According to a leading English daily, there has been no response from the Foreign Office of China on whether Khurshid would be meeting premier Li Keqiang. However, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson has claimed that both sides are in talks over the issue and information on Khurshid’s visit would be released in due course.
With regard to some construction work by India on its side near the Line of Actual Control, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying pointed that both the countries had reached a consensus over the border issue, and Beijing was opposed to any action that violated it.
She further asserted that both the sides were making attempts for a speedy solution of the issue and were in consultation and discussion with each other on the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach