China yet to confirm Khurshid’s Beijing visit
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amid indications that China may not retreat from Ladakh, the country has refused to confirm the scheduled visit of Union Minister of External Affairs Salman Khurshid to Beijing on May 9. Khurshid is expected to discuss the border issue with top ranking Chinese officials during his visit to the country.
According to a leading English daily, there has been no response from the Foreign Office of China on whether Khurshid would be meeting premier Li Keqiang. However, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson has claimed that both sides are in talks over the issue and information on Khurshid’s visit would be released in due course.
With regard to some construction work by India on its side near the Line of Actual Control, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying pointed that both the countries had reached a consensus over the border issue, and Beijing was opposed to any action that violated it.
She further asserted that both the sides were making attempts for a speedy solution of the issue and were in consultation and discussion with each other on the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province
- UN General Assembly President-elect to visit India
- India needs to tread the innovation path to progress