China`s claim on Arunachal baseless: Advani
Surajkund: Senior BJP leader LK Advani said a peaceful resolution of Sino-Indian border dispute is not possible if China makes hostile statements and provides tacit support to Pakistan in its anti-India approach.
Inaugurating the 6th International Conference of Tibet Support Groups here, Advani also said China`s claim on Arunachal Pradesh is "wholly baseless."
"The bilateral relationship between India and China will be one of the key determinants of the course of world history in the 21st century. There is no alternative to peaceful co-existence between India and China.
"This requires peaceful resolution of the border dispute between our two countries," Advani said in the presence of Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama.
However, he said, "This is not possible if China makes hostile statements, giving an expression to its aggressive and expansionist intentions. For example, its claim on Arunachal Pradesh is wholly baseless. What has further complicated India-China relations is China`s tacit support to Pakistan in the latter`s hostile approach towards India."
"I hope good sense prevails among the leaders in China."
Advani said there was no place for party politics as far as defending India`s interests in the border dispute are concerned. "All political parties are united, and should remain united," he said.
He termed as "a gross misconception" the communist China`s thoughts that India is interfering in its internal affairs by making "His Holiness the Dalai Lama and his followers our honoured guests.
"This is a gross misconception and denial of the wrongs committed by the communist government in Beijing after 1949. India has no reason whatsoever to interfere in the internal affairs of China. India has never made any territorial claims either on Tibet or on China," Advani said.
He said the ideology of communism and the communist regime in Beijing seemed to be the biggest hurdle in resolving the issue of Tibet. "A democratic China would surely be good for both Tibet and for the Chinese people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past