China`s CPC invites Nitin Gadkari for a visit
Beijing: China`s ruling Communist party has invited BJP president Nitin Gadkari for a visit to further strengthen party-to-party ties.
The invitation, which has been accepted, was extended by the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), sources said.
The invitation letter sent to Gadkari by the International Department of the CPC Central Committee says, "this will be the first ever BJP delegation led by its President to visit China.
"Your visit to China would lead to a further promotion and strengthening of the cordial relations that already existed between the CPC and the BJP."
The CPC Central Committee is headed by General Secretary Hu Jintao, who is also the Chinese President.
Gadkari has accepted the invitation to visit China along with a delegation on a mutually convenient date, sources said.
The BJP president, they said, is considering an early visit, probably before the end of this month in view of the hectic political developments expected during the budget session of Parliament beginning in February and also keeping in mind the assembly elections in five states in April 2011.
The probable mutually convenient dates under consideration for the proposed week-long visit may be January 20-25, 2011, the sources said, adding that the BJP president is likely be accompanied by his wife Kanchan Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation