Chinese Ambassador meets Home Secretary
New Delhi: Amid reports of Chinese
incursions, its Ambassador Zhang Yan on Tuesday met Home Secretary G K Pillai here and sought to downplay the incidents.
"Nothing is happening. You listen to your leaders," Zhang
told reporters when asked about the developments and his
The Ambassador was with Pillai for about 30 minutes.
Earlier, last week he had met National Security Adviser
M K Narayanan and Joint Secretary in-charge of China in MEA
China has been denying that its troops have been indulging
Government here, however, says that incursions occur due
to differences in perception about the Line of Actual Control.
China on Tuesday sought more time for
its citizens who were working in various projects in India for
visa conversion from business to employment.
Chinese Ambassador Zhang Yan met Home Secretary G K
Pillai in this regard and asked for more time for its 25,000
employees working in various power, communication and
petroleum sectors of the country, official sources said here.
They said the Chinese Envoy informed that 3,000 of its
citizens had appraoched the Government for converting visa
from business to employment.
Chinese citizens are employed in Huwei, ZTE, power and
other infrastructure sectors.
The Home Secretary would be conveying the concerns of
Chinese authorities to the Government but no decision had been
taken so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack