Chinese choppers entered India twice in recent months
New Delhi: Chinese choppers entered Indian territory in Uttarakhand twice in April and June, due to "differing perception of the LAC", Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said on Tuesday.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Jaitley said a protest was lodged with the Chinese side by the Indian Army.
"Two Chinese helicopters transgressed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) on April 30 and June 13, 2014, in Uttarakhand," Jaitley told the house.
"Due to differing perception of the LAC by both India and China, transgressions do occur," he said.
The minister added such issues are taken up with the Chinese army at different platforms.
"Incidents of such transgressions are taken up with the Chinese side through established mechanisms such as flag meetings, border personnel meetings and normal diplomatic channels like Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs, etc," he said.
"Protests were lodged regarding the above transgressions with the Chinese side in the flag meetings held on May 05 and June 23, 2014, respectively," he said.
The LAC is a demarcation line that separates Indian-ruled lands from Chinese-held territory. It is the effective border between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her