Chinese choppers entered India twice in recent months
New Delhi: Chinese choppers entered Indian territory in Uttarakhand twice in April and June, due to "differing perception of the LAC", Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said on Tuesday.
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Jaitley said a protest was lodged with the Chinese side by the Indian Army.
"Two Chinese helicopters transgressed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) on April 30 and June 13, 2014, in Uttarakhand," Jaitley told the house.
"Due to differing perception of the LAC by both India and China, transgressions do occur," he said.
The minister added such issues are taken up with the Chinese army at different platforms.
"Incidents of such transgressions are taken up with the Chinese side through established mechanisms such as flag meetings, border personnel meetings and normal diplomatic channels like Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs, etc," he said.
"Protests were lodged regarding the above transgressions with the Chinese side in the flag meetings held on May 05 and June 23, 2014, respectively," he said.
The LAC is a demarcation line that separates Indian-ruled lands from Chinese-held territory. It is the effective border between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Ravi Shastri rates his 18-month stint as Indian team's Director the most memorable
- CBSE class 10 result 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016, CBSE 10th Board Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow; check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in
- Retirement age for all government doctors will be increased to 65, announces PM Narendra Modi
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig pairs ease into 2016 French Open pre-quarters
- Nifty ends May F&O series above 8,000-mark, up 135 points