Chinese Engineer arrested under Prohibition Act in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A Chinese national working as
an engineer at an under construction power plant at Mundra in
Kutch district was arrested under Prohibition Act, police said
When produced in court he was remanded in three day
police custody, they said.
Xumi Yong (30) was arrested yesterday with large amount
of liquor worth over Rs 11 lakh following a raid by district
police, they said.
The seizure was made from the Chinese colony in Sircha
village, a place where all Chinese workers employed for the
power station reside.
The engineer, working at the power plant city found in
possession of large amount of liquor which included beer, IMFL
(Indian Made Foreign Liquor) and some Chinese brands, they
Investigating officer M K Rana said that they were trying
to know why Yong had stocked such huge amount of liquor and
was he selling it to others.
Liquor is prohibited in Gujarat and consumption or
possession of it without a valid permit is considered an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog