Chinese Engineer arrested under Prohibition Act in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A Chinese national working as
an engineer at an under construction power plant at Mundra in
Kutch district was arrested under Prohibition Act, police said
When produced in court he was remanded in three day
police custody, they said.
Xumi Yong (30) was arrested yesterday with large amount
of liquor worth over Rs 11 lakh following a raid by district
police, they said.
The seizure was made from the Chinese colony in Sircha
village, a place where all Chinese workers employed for the
power station reside.
The engineer, working at the power plant city found in
possession of large amount of liquor which included beer, IMFL
(Indian Made Foreign Liquor) and some Chinese brands, they
Investigating officer M K Rana said that they were trying
to know why Yong had stocked such huge amount of liquor and
was he selling it to others.
Liquor is prohibited in Gujarat and consumption or
possession of it without a valid permit is considered an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement