Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi meets PM Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi met PM Narendra Modi in the national capital on Monday.
Yi went to 7 RCR to meet the PM.
Meanwhile, the Chinese FM met External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj yesterday.
The entire gamut of bilateral ties including the contentious boundary issue was discussed during a "cordial and substantive" engagement between them as per PTI.
Dispatched here by Chinese President Xi Jinping as his Special Envoy to meet with India new leadership, Wang was effusive in his praise for the new government saying it had injected new vitality into an ancient civilization.
The two leaders discussed ways to increase Chinese investments in India through setting up of industrial parks, various infrastructure projects among others. There was also a discussion on how to address India`s concern of huge trade deficit of nearly USD 40 billion, the officials said.
On the other hand Modi said yesterday that India will have to focus on "skill, scale and speed" of development to compete with China and bring about revolutionary changes in agriculture and energy sectors.
He talked about plans to build 100 smart cities in the country to generate employment while noting that urbanisation should be treated as an opportunity rather than a problem.
"If India has to compete with China, the focus should be on skill, scale and speed," Modi said after releasing a book `Getting India Back on Track an action agenda for reform` at his residence here.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes