Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi meets PM Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi met PM Narendra Modi in the national capital on Monday.
Yi went to 7 RCR to meet the PM.
Meanwhile, the Chinese FM met External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj yesterday.
The entire gamut of bilateral ties including the contentious boundary issue was discussed during a "cordial and substantive" engagement between them as per PTI.
Dispatched here by Chinese President Xi Jinping as his Special Envoy to meet with India new leadership, Wang was effusive in his praise for the new government saying it had injected new vitality into an ancient civilization.
The two leaders discussed ways to increase Chinese investments in India through setting up of industrial parks, various infrastructure projects among others. There was also a discussion on how to address India`s concern of huge trade deficit of nearly USD 40 billion, the officials said.
On the other hand Modi said yesterday that India will have to focus on "skill, scale and speed" of development to compete with China and bring about revolutionary changes in agriculture and energy sectors.
He talked about plans to build 100 smart cities in the country to generate employment while noting that urbanisation should be treated as an opportunity rather than a problem.
"If India has to compete with China, the focus should be on skill, scale and speed," Modi said after releasing a book `Getting India Back on Track an action agenda for reform` at his residence here.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj