Chinese guns favourite among terror groups in India
New Delhi: Products from China have not only
made inroads into the general Indian consumer market but also
the terror network here with Northeast insurgents, Jammu and
Kashmir militants and Naxalites taking up small arms from the
Records of foreign-made guns seized by Central security
agencies show that though terror groups in the country use
US-made and Italian arms, the favourite seems to be Chinese.
Of the 682 arms seized by the CRPF in 2009, 21 are
Chinese-made pistols of which 12 are from J&K, three from
Naxal-affected states besides six from the Northeast.
In comparison, seizure of Italian and US-made guns
totalled only to 10 with all them from the Northeast. The 10
arms seized by the CRPF are five Italian and three US-made
pistols besides two US-made rifles.
"Northeast militants are known to have used other foreign
guns besides AK 47s and AK 56s. But Naxals are starting to use
Chinese guns is new. Though the seizure is in small numbers,
intelligence reports suggest they are going in for more
foreign-made weapons especially Chinese," an official said.
He said the Chinese weapons are cheaper and easier to
procure than other foreign-made arms.
Interestingly, AK 47s were preferred most by the terror
groups besides country made arms, but AK 56 is also used.
The CRPF seized 61 AK 47 from J&K last year while it
seized three from Naxals and nine from Northeast states. It
also recovered 11 AK 56 from J&K and six from the N-E.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe