Chinese held in Chennai for attempting to smuggle
Chennai: A 44-year old Chinese national bound for Hong Kong was on Saturday detained by custom officials at the airport when he attempted to smuggle 27 kg of rosewood in a suitcase, airport sources said.
Zheng Zinfanq, holding a Chinese passport, was proceeding to board a flight bound for Hong Kong early on Saturday when custom officials found the wooden pieces in his suitcase, sources said.
Interrogations revealed that he was working with a private firm in Maraimalai Nagar near here and was taking a flight home, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon