Chinese held in Chennai for attempting to smuggle
Chennai: A 44-year old Chinese national bound for Hong Kong was on Saturday detained by custom officials at the airport when he attempted to smuggle 27 kg of rosewood in a suitcase, airport sources said.
Zheng Zinfanq, holding a Chinese passport, was proceeding to board a flight bound for Hong Kong early on Saturday when custom officials found the wooden pieces in his suitcase, sources said.
Interrogations revealed that he was working with a private firm in Maraimalai Nagar near here and was taking a flight home, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter