Chinese incursion: Army chief to visit J&K on Tuesday
Jammu: In the backdrop of the Chinese incursion in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir, Army Chief General Bikram Singh will arrive on a two-day visit of the state, starting from Tuesday.
The Army chief will begin his visit tomorrow in Jammu. He will undertake a two-day visit to Jammu region to discuss the security situation, Defence sources said.
General Singh will chair a meeting at 16-Corps headquarter at Nagrota and then fly to forward areas of Rajouri and Akhnoor sectors, where he will be briefed by the field commanders about the security situation and counter infiltration measures.
He will also meet Chief Minister Omar Abdullah during the day and will have dinner meeting with Governor N N Vohra at Raj Bhawan tomorrow.
Next day, the Army Chief will fly to Doda region and will be briefed by the commanders of counter-insurgency Delta force.
A Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army(PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources, who said that a Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof