Chinese incursion: Army chief to visit J&K on Tuesday
Jammu: In the backdrop of the Chinese incursion in Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir, Army Chief General Bikram Singh will arrive on a two-day visit of the state, starting from Tuesday.
The Army chief will begin his visit tomorrow in Jammu. He will undertake a two-day visit to Jammu region to discuss the security situation, Defence sources said.
General Singh will chair a meeting at 16-Corps headquarter at Nagrota and then fly to forward areas of Rajouri and Akhnoor sectors, where he will be briefed by the field commanders about the security situation and counter infiltration measures.
He will also meet Chief Minister Omar Abdullah during the day and will have dinner meeting with Governor N N Vohra at Raj Bhawan tomorrow.
Next day, the Army Chief will fly to Doda region and will be briefed by the commanders of counter-insurgency Delta force.
A Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army(PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources, who said that a Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth