Chinese incursion issue: AAPSU condemns Centre for
Itanagar: Taking strong exception to the reported Chinese intrusion in Chaglagam area of Anjaw district, the All Arunachal Pradesh Students` Union (AAPSU) on Sunday condemned the Centre for remaining a "silent spectator" to the latest happenings at the border area.
AAPSU also took a dig at Union minister of state for Minority Affairs Ninong Ering, who represents the Eastern Arunachal Parliamentary constituency, for maintaining stoic silence.
"It is shocking that New Delhi and Ering were silent spectators when the integrity of the nation was at stake," AAPSU president Kamta Lapung said and demanded that the facts be made public to remove fear psychosis created in the minds of the Arunachalees.
Meanwhile, condemning the recent incursion of China`s PLA into the state territory, the Arunachal Citizens Right (ACR) said it is also worried at the "lack of proper response from the Centre to dispel apprehensions and bring greater clarity to the reports of cross-border intrusions."
The state government and the people of Arunachal have always supported the Centre`s position on the issue of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between China and India and have even suffered because of the Sino-India political standoffs, the ACR said in a press statement.
"It was more than imperative, therefore, for the Centre not to allow further escalation inside Arunachal territory, take firm and clear steps to address the confusion prevailing among the Arunachalees, and not leave them in the lurch as pawns of global political strategy," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened