Chinese incursion should be unequivocally condemned: Arunchal CM
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Monday said that the recent incursion by the Chinese army into the state`s territory `should be unequivocally condemned in the national interest`.
"The two countries have diplomatic relations which needs to be maintained. But it is intriguing that China continues to claim our territory," Tuki told the Assembly responding to a calling attention motion by Peoples? Party of Arunachal member Laeta Umbrey on the intrusion into the Chaglagam area of Anjaw district on August 11.
Stating that the incursion issue was a subject for the Centre and the state was not a party to the Indo-Sino bilateral talks, the chief minister reposed full faith on the security forces and said that they would never compromise with external security of the country.
Referring to the large stretch of border demarcated by the McMohan Line, Tuki said "There are areas in the state across the border without habitation where I am planning to visit to study the ground reality."
Umbreay said that the incursion had inflicted untold mental agony on the people of the state. "Time has come that we should break our silence and tell the world that we are Indians and our state is an integral part of the country.
"Arunachalees are more patriotic and always greet people from other provinces of the country with Jai Hind," he said and urged the state government to send a clear message to the Centre on the issue.
The chief minister assured to convey the sentiment of the assembly to New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing