Chinese incursion: Where have Indian troops withdrawn to, asks Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Monday expressed concern over media reports that Indian troops had also withdrawn from the site where Chinese troops had ended their incursions after 19 days.
"While there have been regular incursions on the LAC (Line of Actual Control) it was after a long time that the Chinese came and established tents on our side for 19 days," Abdullah said after India and China ended their stand off with sources saying troops of both sides were pulling back to their respective positions prior to April 15 -- when Chinese forces had intruded 19 km inside the Indian side of the LAC in Ladakh.
Abdullah, who was talking to reporters here on the opening of the civil secretariat offices here after its six monthly sojourn in winter capital Jammu, said: "I am glad that the diplomatic efforts gave us the results and the Chinese forces withdrew yesterday. The visit of our foreign minister to China which had come into question can now go ahead.
"The only doubt one has in mind is based on the media reports which said it was a withdrawal by both sides. I am wondering where from and where to have the Indian troops withdrawn?"
Referring to Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah, battling for life in a Chandigarh hospital after being attacked in the high security Kote Bhalwal jail in Jammu, he said: "...it is extremely unfortunate more so in light of the advisory and the instructions given to the jail authorities by the minister of state for home.
"While I have information available with me on this, I have learnt through experience not to share such information with the press..."
He said the principal secretary (home) was probing the incident and some jail officials had been suspended.
Responding to a question on union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad saying the response by the state administration to the recent earthquake in Chenab Valley of Jammu region was inadequate, he said: "I have regular conversation with the union health minister. I will not comment on the views expressed in the press. These views are often twisted to create trouble.
"If the union health minister has any suggestions I am sure he will make those views available to us".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India