Chinese incursion: Where have Indian troops withdrawn to, asks Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Monday expressed concern over media reports that Indian troops had also withdrawn from the site where Chinese troops had ended their incursions after 19 days.
"While there have been regular incursions on the LAC (Line of Actual Control) it was after a long time that the Chinese came and established tents on our side for 19 days," Abdullah said after India and China ended their stand off with sources saying troops of both sides were pulling back to their respective positions prior to April 15 -- when Chinese forces had intruded 19 km inside the Indian side of the LAC in Ladakh.
Abdullah, who was talking to reporters here on the opening of the civil secretariat offices here after its six monthly sojourn in winter capital Jammu, said: "I am glad that the diplomatic efforts gave us the results and the Chinese forces withdrew yesterday. The visit of our foreign minister to China which had come into question can now go ahead.
"The only doubt one has in mind is based on the media reports which said it was a withdrawal by both sides. I am wondering where from and where to have the Indian troops withdrawn?"
Referring to Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah, battling for life in a Chandigarh hospital after being attacked in the high security Kote Bhalwal jail in Jammu, he said: "...it is extremely unfortunate more so in light of the advisory and the instructions given to the jail authorities by the minister of state for home.
"While I have information available with me on this, I have learnt through experience not to share such information with the press..."
He said the principal secretary (home) was probing the incident and some jail officials had been suspended.
Responding to a question on union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad saying the response by the state administration to the recent earthquake in Chenab Valley of Jammu region was inadequate, he said: "I have regular conversation with the union health minister. I will not comment on the views expressed in the press. These views are often twisted to create trouble.
"If the union health minister has any suggestions I am sure he will make those views available to us".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'