Chinese incursions in India a matter of concern: BJP MP
New Delhi: Growing Chinese incursions in
India is a matter of concern and government should take the
challenge to national sovereignty seriously, a BJP member said
in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
As China is repeatedly showing `big brother` attitude by
taking objectionable and provocative steps, India should not
remain a silent spectator as the actions of Beijing were a
"challenge to our sovereignty", Adityanath (BJP) said during
the Zero Hour.
He claimed that the incursions, coupled with writing of
Chinese inscriptions inside Indian territory, objecting to the
Prime Minister`s visit to Arunachal Pradesh and support to
divisive forces, were part of Beijing`s "strategic aim to
Adityanath also referred to the recent reports about
Chinese troops stopping construction work on a Ladakh road,
and said, "the Government should take the issue of incursions
seriously as this was a matter which impinged national
At one point, Speaker Meira Kumar told the member to bear
in mind the sensitivity of the issue while speaking. When the
member told her that the matter concerned national
sovereignty, she observed that national sovereignty was the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...