Chinese incursions in Uttarakhand figure in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Repeated incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory in Uttarakhand was raised in the Rajya Sabha by BJP on Tuesday and a demand made to establish a Himalayan Region Development Commission for development of Himalayan border areas.
Making the demand during the Zero Hour, Tarun Vijay (BJP) said there have been 37 such incursions by the Chinese Army into Indian territory in Uttarakhand which shares a long boundary with China.
He said Uttarakhand had turned vulnerable as the entire border area is being emptied out due to migration by locals to ensure their safety.
"There have been intrusion 37 times. The entire border area of Uttarakhand is emptying out...I also talked to the NSA...While Chinese forces have made more roads, our armies have to carry the rackshacks on their feet for many kilometres.
"I demand that the government set up a Himalayan Region Development Commission for the development of Himalayan border areas," Vijay said.
He said the Chinese have also renamed Indian territories of Uttarakhand in their own language and made a specific reference to the Hoti area which has been renamed as "WooJu".
He said many areas of Uttarakhand like Neelam Khsehtra, Gunji, Mansarovar Lake where Mahatma Gandhi`s ashes were immersed are being affected and people moving to safer places leaving behind their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray