Chinese interest in NE insurgents needs probe: IB
New Delhi: Director of Intelligence Bureau
Nechal Sandhu, the country`s senior most cop, on Thursday said the
growing interest of China in insurgent groups in Northeast
needs to be probed at the earliest.
Delivering his lecture at the three-day conference of the
top police brass, Sandhu, a 1973 batch IPS officer, said there
was "fresh evidence of intrusive interest of China in the
affairs of Indian insurgent groups which needed to be reviewed
at the earliest.
He acknowledged the proven investigation techniques of
the police also needed a re-look on account of delay in
solving terror cases.
Sandhu began by his speech at the three-day Directors
General and Inspectors General Conference by saying "as we
meet today, the spectre of terrorism haunts us" and July 13
(Mumbai blasts) and September seven (Delhi High Court blast)
were a reminder of grave threat of terror.
Doing some plain-talking, Sandhu said Indian police
apparatus has not been quick enough to change tactics and
strategies to match up to the terrorists.
He said the proven investigation techniques may have to
be abandoned and a new set of guideines for probing such cases
needs to be developed at the earliest.
On Northeast, he said "we will review the impact in the
region of continuing presence of (Northeastern insurgents
groups) in Myanmar and to some extent in Bangladesh."
The Intelligence Bureau Chief also listed Naxalism as
grave threat to the country and said "it is causing us
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday