Chinese intrusion: BJP ready to help UPA govt
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy on Thursday said that the BJP is ready to unconditionally extend its support to the government on the Chinese intrusion issue, for the sake of national security.
"This is a matter of the territorial integrity of India. There have been several reported intrusions by China. There have also been cases where the Chinese have walked in and out of marked territory. This time, it is different, as they have pitched tents, and have refused to move out. This is a completely different situation and amounts to an aggression," Rudy said.
"Indian diplomacy seems to be failing. Salman Khurshid still talks of his diplomatic efforts, but there can be no talks until the Chinese dismantle their tents and move across. India cannot be considered as a soft state as far as matter of territorial integrity is concerned," Rudy added.
He further said, "The government has to act strong. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has extended unconditional support to the Government as far as national security is concerned. The BJP would request the government not to shy out or back out, and also use firm steps to make sure that Chinese tents are dismantled in the intruded Ladakhi region," he said.
Captain (Retd) Bharat Verma said: "China has completely sensed India and our collective incompetence. Surely, they will not remove their pitched tents, and I believe henceforth External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid should not visit China. India should hence take a stand that until the troops are not removed there can be no talks."
"They want to make India their small colony like Pakistan and hence India should also not get misguided by the Chinese Prime Minister`s visit. India should also shift the actual Line of Actual Control. We have to show a lot of courage in order to combat China," Verma added.
"Possibly they have also figured out that there is no strength in the Indian leadership. The political statements clearly show that India is not ready or so to say the Indian military. We should answer China like we answered Vietnam," Verma concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand