‘Chinese military diplomacy to reduce India`s concerns’
Beijing: The Chinese military`s diplomacy will help reduce miscalculations amid territorial disputes and concerns of neighbours, analysts said as Defence Minister Liang Guanglie visits India.
China Daily on Tuesday quoted analysts as saying that a flurry of diplomacy by People`s Liberation Army officials is conducive to reducing miscalculations amid recent territorial disputes and neighbours` concerns about China`s military strength.
Two senior PLA officials are currently visiting Asian countries, while Defence Minister Liang Guanglie started his five-day India trip on Sunday.
Analysts said India has territorial disputes with China and the first visit by a defence minister in eight years will help ease tensions.
On Sunday, a PLA delegation, led by the Deputy Chief of General Staff Ma Xiaotian, left Beijing to visit Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia and Singapore.
The daily said that the military and Foreign Ministry have conducted a string of intensive exchanges this year, with the emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region.
PLA senior military officials have visited about 20 countries, it noted.
China is increasingly using military diplomacy to supplement other exchanges, Meng Xiangqing, deputy director of the Strategic Research Institute at the National Defense University of the PLA, was quoted as saying.
The expert said that the key feature of Beijing`s diplomacy is to create a secure region, but "it will not yield when sovereignty and territory are concerned".
Fu Xiaoqiang, an expert on South Asian studies at the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, pointed out that military exchanges, which are the most sensitive part of bilateral ties, will help reduce suspicion and enhance mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi