‘Chinese military diplomacy to reduce India`s concerns’
Beijing: The Chinese military`s diplomacy will help reduce miscalculations amid territorial disputes and concerns of neighbours, analysts said as Defence Minister Liang Guanglie visits India.
China Daily on Tuesday quoted analysts as saying that a flurry of diplomacy by People`s Liberation Army officials is conducive to reducing miscalculations amid recent territorial disputes and neighbours` concerns about China`s military strength.
Two senior PLA officials are currently visiting Asian countries, while Defence Minister Liang Guanglie started his five-day India trip on Sunday.
Analysts said India has territorial disputes with China and the first visit by a defence minister in eight years will help ease tensions.
On Sunday, a PLA delegation, led by the Deputy Chief of General Staff Ma Xiaotian, left Beijing to visit Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia and Singapore.
The daily said that the military and Foreign Ministry have conducted a string of intensive exchanges this year, with the emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region.
PLA senior military officials have visited about 20 countries, it noted.
China is increasingly using military diplomacy to supplement other exchanges, Meng Xiangqing, deputy director of the Strategic Research Institute at the National Defense University of the PLA, was quoted as saying.
The expert said that the key feature of Beijing`s diplomacy is to create a secure region, but "it will not yield when sovereignty and territory are concerned".
Fu Xiaoqiang, an expert on South Asian studies at the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations, pointed out that military exchanges, which are the most sensitive part of bilateral ties, will help reduce suspicion and enhance mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP