Chinese Premier`s outreach, wit wow Indian audienc
New Delhi: Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on tuesday left his audience in splits with his ready wit and lost no opportunity to woo Indians, lending at times personal touches while espousing deeper ties with India.
He not only recalled an earlier trip made by him to India 27 years ago but also quoted Mahatma Gandhi and talked about how Indian songs, dances and yoga were famous in China.
He praised India for the advancement in IT, pharmaceuticals and stressed on the need for India and China to speak in one voice so that the world "will and must listen".
Li started off his address at an event organised by ICWA and FICCI here with a `Namaste`.
Recalling his earlier trip, the Chinese Premier said "In these 27 years, I haven`t had the opportunity to use this (Namaste word)".
"Twenty seven years ago I visited India and I was deeply impressed by India`s vast territory, time-honoured civilisation as well as hard-working and talented people," he said adding the fond memories were still fresh in his mind.
Soon after he said this, the sound system went off and made some strange sound for a second or two, leaving everyone amused.
Seizing the opportunity, Li said "so that is a prelude to my remarks," leaving the audience in splits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31