Chinese trained Lashkar militants against India: Jundal
New Delhi: Arrested 26/11 handler Abu Jundal has made some more startling revelations.
According to sources, Jundal told the Special Cell of Delhi Police during interrogation that the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) has brought in an ace Chinese para-glider to northern Pakistan where he has been training militants in paragliding for the past two years.
As per a report in the DNA, the training is being conducted somewhere in the Baltistan area of north Pakistan bordering the Xinjiang Autonomous Region of China.
“A Chinese national has been hired by the LeT to train its cadres in paragliding. The Chinese national is also being assisted by another person who is believed to be a Pakistani-national,” a police officer told the daily on condition of anonymity.
The training began in early 2010 and has been ongoing for the past two years. The LeT had bought around 50 gliders from China and more than a 100 militants have been trained in the past two years, Jundal is believed to have told investigators.
Another vital piece of information provided by Jundal is that the LeT has shifted its operational command headquarters to the Dolai area in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). According to him, this was done after there was a crackdown on the LeT and its operations post 26/11. Earlier, the operational headquarters was in Muridke, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves