Chinese `transgressions` into India on: Army
Jammu: Chinese troops are continuing their "transgressions" along the 646-km-long Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir, an Indian Army commander said on Tuesday.
Lt. Gen. B.S. Jaswal, the General Officer Commanding in chief of Northern Command, told reporters: "But these are not intrusions or incursions as the media projects it."
The commander spoke in the town of Nagrota, 13 km from Jammu, the winter capital of the state, after a rally of ex-servicemen at the Sainik School at Nagrota.
Nagrota is the headquarters of the army`s 16 Corps.
"The Chinese transgress according to their perception of the LAC as the border is yet to be finally settled," he said, in reply to a question by a newsperson. "There are varying perceptions of the LAC."
"These transgressions are being taken up by the ministry of external affairs," he said.
Military experts say that the intrusions, which the army calls transgressions, have been going on along the LAC in Ladakh sector since 2008.
Chinese troops have intruded into Indian territory in recent years. They told a group of Indian shepherds in December 2008 not to be near the LAC and in October 2009 got work on a road halted at Demchok, 250 km east of Leh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday