Chinese troops intrude into Indian territory in Ladakh, erect a tented post
Leh/New Delhi: In a deep incursion, Chinese troops have entered the Indian territory in Daulat Beg Oldi(DBO) sector in eastern Ladakh and erected a tented post, setting the stage for a face-off with Indian troops.
A Platoon-strength contingent of China`s People`s Liberation Army(PLA) came 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in DBO sector, which is at an altitude of about 17,000 feet, on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there, according to highly placed sources, which said that a Chinese Army Platoon usually consists of around 50 men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy