Chinese troops refuse to withdraw from Ladakh: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Srinagar: Even as the "face-off" continued between Indian and Chinese Army troops at Depsang in Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector in Ladakh, reports claimed on Wednesday that Beijing has asked New Delhi to dismantle several fortified positions in the so-called disputed territory.
At the second flag meeting held on Tuesday following the April 15 incident when a platoon of troops from China`s People`s Liberation Army (PLA) intruded 10 kilometres inside the Indian territory in DBO sector and set up a tented post there, no resolution could be reached between the two sides.
As per reports, the Indian side refused to accept the Chinese demand and that led to an impasse.
Following the impasse, the Indian Army is planning to move more troops to the region, in what may further lead to an escalation in tensions. The Army had earlier sent a team of Ladakh Scouts -- an Infantry regiment specialising in mountain warfare -- to the DBO sector, manned by the troops of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), soon after the incursion was detected.
The Chinese side told India that its troops would not move out from Depsang until its demands were met.
Reports have claimed that on April 15, Chinese helicopters had violated Indian airspace as well.
On Tuesday, MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin ha described the situation as being "face to face", but was hopeful of a peaceful resolution.
"We see this as a face to face situation between (the) border forces," he said, adding the incident reflected differences over the alignment of the LAC.
The spokesperson said India had asked China to maintain status quo as it was before the intrusion.
As per officials, at least 30 Chinese soldiers armed with light machine guns are camping 10 kms inside India`s perception of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) at Raki Nala. The nearest Indian post – of the ITBP – is at Burste, 20 kms away.
Such kind of Chinese aggression was last seen in 1986 when Chinese troops had set up a camp on disputed territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'