Chinese troops transgressed in Chumar sector in July
New Delhi: Indian and Chinese troops had come face to face in Chumar area of Ladakh in July when the latter transgressed into the Indian territory along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Army sources said after the two sides came face to face in Chumar--which is northeast of Leh in Jammu and Kashmir, they both showed banners as per the agreed drills and returned to their respective positions peacefully.
As per the banner drills, when both sides see each others` troops in their side of the perceived LAC, they show big flags on the transgression and the need for going back from their positions.
They said the situation was peaceful and dismissed reports about tension between the two sides on the issue.
Chinese Defence Minister Gen Liang Guanglie had earlier this month visited India where the two sides agreed to enhance peace and tranquility along the borders.
India has said that the Chinese Army has transgressed the Sino-India border more than 500 times in the last two years.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran had informed Parliament that there were 228 cases of transgression of Indo-China border by the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in 2010, 213 cases in 2011 and 64 cases till April 2012.
"There are cases of transgression due to the perception of Line of Actual Control," he had said.
In July 2009, Chinese troops had entered nearly 1.5 KM into Indian territory near Mount Gya, recognised as international border by India and China, and painted the boulders and rocks with red spray paint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you