Chinese troops transgressed in Chumar sector in July
New Delhi: Indian and Chinese troops had come face to face in Chumar area of Ladakh in July when the latter transgressed into the Indian territory along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Army sources said after the two sides came face to face in Chumar--which is northeast of Leh in Jammu and Kashmir, they both showed banners as per the agreed drills and returned to their respective positions peacefully.
As per the banner drills, when both sides see each others` troops in their side of the perceived LAC, they show big flags on the transgression and the need for going back from their positions.
They said the situation was peaceful and dismissed reports about tension between the two sides on the issue.
Chinese Defence Minister Gen Liang Guanglie had earlier this month visited India where the two sides agreed to enhance peace and tranquility along the borders.
India has said that the Chinese Army has transgressed the Sino-India border more than 500 times in the last two years.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran had informed Parliament that there were 228 cases of transgression of Indo-China border by the People`s Liberation Army (PLA) in 2010, 213 cases in 2011 and 64 cases till April 2012.
"There are cases of transgression due to the perception of Line of Actual Control," he had said.
In July 2009, Chinese troops had entered nearly 1.5 KM into Indian territory near Mount Gya, recognised as international border by India and China, and painted the boulders and rocks with red spray paint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview