Chinese visa hurdle for Northeastern states
Kolkata: The Northeastern states are finding
it difficult to get Chinese visas in the city as the Chinese
consulate here has stopped issuing them for the region.
People of Northeastern states now have to travel to New
Delhi and apply to the Chinese embassy there for visas, which
has created a lot of inconvenience for the businessmen from
the region, said Federation of Indian Export Organisations
Deputy Director General Debdatta Nandwani.
Nandwani raised the matter in an interactive session with
a visiting Chinese delegation organised by the Centre for
Promotion of India-China Cooperation.
Meanwhile, a company from China`s Yunan province, part of
the Chinese delegation, signed an agreement with ITC for
supply of soyameal to China.
"We hope to export soyameal worth Rs 30 crore in near
future under the agreement," an ITC official said declining
to give further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook