Chinese visa hurdle for Northeastern states
Kolkata: The Northeastern states are finding
it difficult to get Chinese visas in the city as the Chinese
consulate here has stopped issuing them for the region.
People of Northeastern states now have to travel to New
Delhi and apply to the Chinese embassy there for visas, which
has created a lot of inconvenience for the businessmen from
the region, said Federation of Indian Export Organisations
Deputy Director General Debdatta Nandwani.
Nandwani raised the matter in an interactive session with
a visiting Chinese delegation organised by the Centre for
Promotion of India-China Cooperation.
Meanwhile, a company from China`s Yunan province, part of
the Chinese delegation, signed an agreement with ITC for
supply of soyameal to China.
"We hope to export soyameal worth Rs 30 crore in near
future under the agreement," an ITC official said declining
to give further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi
- Jacqueline Fernandez dusts down rumours on doing 'Don 3'!
- Hurrah! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' got cleared by CBFC with NO CUTS!
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!
- China's finance minister sees Brexit heightening uncertainty for markets