Chinese visa hurdle for Northeastern states
Kolkata: The Northeastern states are finding
it difficult to get Chinese visas in the city as the Chinese
consulate here has stopped issuing them for the region.
People of Northeastern states now have to travel to New
Delhi and apply to the Chinese embassy there for visas, which
has created a lot of inconvenience for the businessmen from
the region, said Federation of Indian Export Organisations
Deputy Director General Debdatta Nandwani.
Nandwani raised the matter in an interactive session with
a visiting Chinese delegation organised by the Centre for
Promotion of India-China Cooperation.
Meanwhile, a company from China`s Yunan province, part of
the Chinese delegation, signed an agreement with ITC for
supply of soyameal to China.
"We hope to export soyameal worth Rs 30 crore in near
future under the agreement," an ITC official said declining
to give further details.
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments