Chinese visa hurdle for Northeastern states
Kolkata: The Northeastern states are finding
it difficult to get Chinese visas in the city as the Chinese
consulate here has stopped issuing them for the region.
People of Northeastern states now have to travel to New
Delhi and apply to the Chinese embassy there for visas, which
has created a lot of inconvenience for the businessmen from
the region, said Federation of Indian Export Organisations
Deputy Director General Debdatta Nandwani.
Nandwani raised the matter in an interactive session with
a visiting Chinese delegation organised by the Centre for
Promotion of India-China Cooperation.
Meanwhile, a company from China`s Yunan province, part of
the Chinese delegation, signed an agreement with ITC for
supply of soyameal to China.
"We hope to export soyameal worth Rs 30 crore in near
future under the agreement," an ITC official said declining
to give further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog