Chinnaswamy blast: IM operative held in Bihar
New Delhi: In a major breakthrough in the April 18, 2010 Chinnaswamy Stadium blast case, a Delhi police team on Tuesday arrested an alleged Pakistani operative of terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM) from Purnia distirct of Bihar.
Acting on a tip off by Intelligence Bureau (IB), a special branch team of Delhi Police, along with Purnia police, raided Khatahaat village under Jalalgarh police station yesterday and nabbed the Pakistani IM operative identified as Aftab alias Farooq alias Roshan, Purnia superintendent of
police Amit Lodha told agency over phone.
Arif had entered Araria district in Bihar from Nepal a few months ago and visited Purnia district from where he was arrested, he said.
The IM operative was taken away by Delhi police team to Delhi for interrogation, Lodha said but refused to provide details of alleged subversive activities of the operative.
It should be noted that two crude bombs were exploded in quick succession outside the MA Chinnaswamy cricket stadium, minutes before an IPL match, leaving 15 persons injured and creating panic in the packed venue.
A third crude bomb was also found near Gate number 8 of the stadium, venue of the fixture between Bangalore Royal Challengers and Mumbai Indians, but was defused.
Later, the two suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists Salman and Shahzad, allegedly involved in blasts, had been caught.
The duo was already facing charges for their alleged involvement in September 13, 2008 Delhi serial blasts that claimed 26 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi