Chinnaswamy blast: IM operative held in Bihar
New Delhi: In a major breakthrough in the April 18, 2010 Chinnaswamy Stadium blast case, a Delhi police team on Tuesday arrested an alleged Pakistani operative of terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM) from Purnia distirct of Bihar.
Acting on a tip off by Intelligence Bureau (IB), a special branch team of Delhi Police, along with Purnia police, raided Khatahaat village under Jalalgarh police station yesterday and nabbed the Pakistani IM operative identified as Aftab alias Farooq alias Roshan, Purnia superintendent of
police Amit Lodha told agency over phone.
Arif had entered Araria district in Bihar from Nepal a few months ago and visited Purnia district from where he was arrested, he said.
The IM operative was taken away by Delhi police team to Delhi for interrogation, Lodha said but refused to provide details of alleged subversive activities of the operative.
It should be noted that two crude bombs were exploded in quick succession outside the MA Chinnaswamy cricket stadium, minutes before an IPL match, leaving 15 persons injured and creating panic in the packed venue.
A third crude bomb was also found near Gate number 8 of the stadium, venue of the fixture between Bangalore Royal Challengers and Mumbai Indians, but was defused.
Later, the two suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists Salman and Shahzad, allegedly involved in blasts, had been caught.
The duo was already facing charges for their alleged involvement in September 13, 2008 Delhi serial blasts that claimed 26 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert