Choosing BJP`s PM nominee not RSS’ job: Bhagwat
Hoshangabad: It is not the Sangh`s job to choose the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Friday said.
Asked by reporters after he had inaugurated the third international river festival at Bandrabhan on the banks of river Narmada, about RSS` choice, he said it was neither the job of the Sangh to choose the BJP`s nominee nor was this a proper forum to do so.
He evaded all questions on making Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the BJP`s prime ministerial nominee.
Earlier, inaugurating the festival, he said one is considered a leader when his thoughts are understood by the people of his time.
"There is no point if what a leader says is understood 50 years after he spoke," the RSS chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray