Choosing BJP`s PM nominee not RSS’ job: Bhagwat
Hoshangabad: It is not the Sangh`s job to choose the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Friday said.
Asked by reporters after he had inaugurated the third international river festival at Bandrabhan on the banks of river Narmada, about RSS` choice, he said it was neither the job of the Sangh to choose the BJP`s nominee nor was this a proper forum to do so.
He evaded all questions on making Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the BJP`s prime ministerial nominee.
Earlier, inaugurating the festival, he said one is considered a leader when his thoughts are understood by the people of his time.
"There is no point if what a leader says is understood 50 years after he spoke," the RSS chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India