Choosing BJP`s PM nominee not RSS’ job: Bhagwat
Hoshangabad: It is not the Sangh`s job to choose the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Friday said.
Asked by reporters after he had inaugurated the third international river festival at Bandrabhan on the banks of river Narmada, about RSS` choice, he said it was neither the job of the Sangh to choose the BJP`s nominee nor was this a proper forum to do so.
He evaded all questions on making Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the BJP`s prime ministerial nominee.
Earlier, inaugurating the festival, he said one is considered a leader when his thoughts are understood by the people of his time.
"There is no point if what a leader says is understood 50 years after he spoke," the RSS chief said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan