Chopper crashes in Arunachal, 17 feared dead
Itanagar: Seventeen persons were feared
killed when a Pawans Hans helicopter with 23 people on board
caught fire and crashed into a gorge while landing in Tawang
town in Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
Tawang District Commissioner G Padu said 17 of those
on board were `presumed dead`, while six were rescued.
The helicopter, which had taken off from Guwahati at
1315 hrs, crashed near the helipad on a hilltop in Tawang
town falling from a height of 15 metre into the gorge, Pawan
Hans sources said.
The helicopter had 18 passengers on board, including
two children. The five-member crew included Captain Barun
Gupta and Captain Tiwari.
Rescue operations were continuing, the DC said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents