Chopper deal: Ex-Aeromatrix board member grilled
New Delhi: CBI Thursday questioned advocate Gautam Khaitan, former board member of Aeromatrix, in connection with the bribery allegations in Rs 3600 crore VVIP helicopter deal.
CBI sources said Khaitan arrived at agency headquarters here at around 10 AM and was being examined in connection with the deal.
The agency has already questioned executives of Indian arms of Aeromatrix and IDS Infotech -- companies through which alleged bribes were routed from Mauritius and Tunisia in the garb of payments for engineering contracts.
A reference to Khaitan was made in the Italian prosecutor`s report filed in a court there. However, Khaitan has refuted all the allegations.
CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry (PE) against 11 persons including former IAF chief SP Tyagi.
Four companies including IDS Infotech and Aeromatrix have been named in the PE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday