Chopper deal: Ex-Aeromatrix board member grilled
New Delhi: CBI Thursday questioned advocate Gautam Khaitan, former board member of Aeromatrix, in connection with the bribery allegations in Rs 3600 crore VVIP helicopter deal.
CBI sources said Khaitan arrived at agency headquarters here at around 10 AM and was being examined in connection with the deal.
The agency has already questioned executives of Indian arms of Aeromatrix and IDS Infotech -- companies through which alleged bribes were routed from Mauritius and Tunisia in the garb of payments for engineering contracts.
A reference to Khaitan was made in the Italian prosecutor`s report filed in a court there. However, Khaitan has refuted all the allegations.
CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry (PE) against 11 persons including former IAF chief SP Tyagi.
Four companies including IDS Infotech and Aeromatrix have been named in the PE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress