Chopper deal: Ex-Aeromatrix board member grilled
New Delhi: CBI Thursday questioned advocate Gautam Khaitan, former board member of Aeromatrix, in connection with the bribery allegations in Rs 3600 crore VVIP helicopter deal.
CBI sources said Khaitan arrived at agency headquarters here at around 10 AM and was being examined in connection with the deal.
The agency has already questioned executives of Indian arms of Aeromatrix and IDS Infotech -- companies through which alleged bribes were routed from Mauritius and Tunisia in the garb of payments for engineering contracts.
A reference to Khaitan was made in the Italian prosecutor`s report filed in a court there. However, Khaitan has refuted all the allegations.
CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry (PE) against 11 persons including former IAF chief SP Tyagi.
Four companies including IDS Infotech and Aeromatrix have been named in the PE.
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards