Chopper deal: Ex-Aeromatrix director Gautam Khaitan denies involvement
New Delhi: Rubbishing charges of his involvement in the controversial Agusta Westland deal for 12 VVIP choppers, Delhi-based lawyer and former director of Chandigarh-based IT company Aeromatrix, Gautam Khaitan, on Thursday said that he has never met with any official of the Italian company, Finmeccanica.
Aeromatrix and Khaitan’s names had cropped up during investigation into the alleged kickbacks paid by Finmeccanica to secure the deal with India.
“I am neither involved in the deal nor have met with any official of the company. I was working with Aeromatrix as a lawyer and they had only appointment me as the director to deal the legal aspects related to the company,” said Khaitan.
The matter came to light following the arrest of Finmeccanica chairman Giuseppe Orsi in Milan on January 12 over allegations of bribery for securing the deal with India.
In view of media reports, the Ministry of Defence through the Ministry of External Affairs had sought information from the Governments of Italy and UK and a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe has been ordered on January 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what