Chopper deal: Ex-Aeromatrix director Gautam Khaitan denies involvement
New Delhi: Rubbishing charges of his involvement in the controversial Agusta Westland deal for 12 VVIP choppers, Delhi-based lawyer and former director of Chandigarh-based IT company Aeromatrix, Gautam Khaitan, on Thursday said that he has never met with any official of the Italian company, Finmeccanica.
Aeromatrix and Khaitan’s names had cropped up during investigation into the alleged kickbacks paid by Finmeccanica to secure the deal with India.
“I am neither involved in the deal nor have met with any official of the company. I was working with Aeromatrix as a lawyer and they had only appointment me as the director to deal the legal aspects related to the company,” said Khaitan.
The matter came to light following the arrest of Finmeccanica chairman Giuseppe Orsi in Milan on January 12 over allegations of bribery for securing the deal with India.
In view of media reports, the Ministry of Defence through the Ministry of External Affairs had sought information from the Governments of Italy and UK and a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe has been ordered on January 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Jon Bon Jovi meets cancer patient, gifts her guitar
- GoAir announces heavy Monsoon bonanza; fly as low as Rs 849
- ICSI CS foundation programme exam 2016 result to be declared today on June 29. Check icsi.examresults.net
- Jay Leno survives accident
- REVEALED: Why Kumar Sangakkara left Sachin Tendulkar out of his All Time XI