Chopper deal: Ex-Aeromatrix director Gautam Khaitan denies involvement
New Delhi: Rubbishing charges of his involvement in the controversial Agusta Westland deal for 12 VVIP choppers, Delhi-based lawyer and former director of Chandigarh-based IT company Aeromatrix, Gautam Khaitan, on Thursday said that he has never met with any official of the Italian company, Finmeccanica.
Aeromatrix and Khaitan’s names had cropped up during investigation into the alleged kickbacks paid by Finmeccanica to secure the deal with India.
“I am neither involved in the deal nor have met with any official of the company. I was working with Aeromatrix as a lawyer and they had only appointment me as the director to deal the legal aspects related to the company,” said Khaitan.
The matter came to light following the arrest of Finmeccanica chairman Giuseppe Orsi in Milan on January 12 over allegations of bribery for securing the deal with India.
In view of media reports, the Ministry of Defence through the Ministry of External Affairs had sought information from the Governments of Italy and UK and a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe has been ordered on January 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price