Chopper deal: Reveal names of journos on Orsi`s payroll, says Italian lawmaker
New Delhi: In wake of corruption allegations against Finmeccanica, an Italian lawmaker has reportedly asked Prime Minister Mario Monti to reveal the names of journalists and media workers on the payroll of former CEO of the defence firm Giuseppe Orsi.
Senator Raffaele Lauro, a member of the Italian Finance Committee, asked Monti to "eradicate the rot" of alleged collusion between world of information and top management of companies, according to Italian media reports.
"If not covered by the confidentiality of investigations, the list of journalists and media workers on the payroll of Orsi should be made know immediately," a report quoted Lauro as saying.
The report filed by Italian investigators in the court of Tribunale Busto Arsizio there had alleged that Orsi had told Finmeccanica`s chief press officer to manage at least 20 journalists for 20-30 months for a print campaign to improve the image of the firm.
Lauro is a member of the Italian senate and the Prefect.
Meanwhile, the Italian court today resumed the hearing of the case.
Orsi`s lawyer has denied that his client had in any way tried to pressurize the Italian court looking into the matter and getting the prosecutor changed.
India has already initiated steps to cancel the helicopter deal and issued a show cause notice to it saying why the deal should not be cancelled in view of the recent developments in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...