Chopper deal: Reveal names of journos on Orsi`s payroll, says Italian lawmaker
New Delhi: In wake of corruption allegations against Finmeccanica, an Italian lawmaker has reportedly asked Prime Minister Mario Monti to reveal the names of journalists and media workers on the payroll of former CEO of the defence firm Giuseppe Orsi.
Senator Raffaele Lauro, a member of the Italian Finance Committee, asked Monti to "eradicate the rot" of alleged collusion between world of information and top management of companies, according to Italian media reports.
"If not covered by the confidentiality of investigations, the list of journalists and media workers on the payroll of Orsi should be made know immediately," a report quoted Lauro as saying.
The report filed by Italian investigators in the court of Tribunale Busto Arsizio there had alleged that Orsi had told Finmeccanica`s chief press officer to manage at least 20 journalists for 20-30 months for a print campaign to improve the image of the firm.
Lauro is a member of the Italian senate and the Prefect.
Meanwhile, the Italian court today resumed the hearing of the case.
Orsi`s lawyer has denied that his client had in any way tried to pressurize the Italian court looking into the matter and getting the prosecutor changed.
India has already initiated steps to cancel the helicopter deal and issued a show cause notice to it saying why the deal should not be cancelled in view of the recent developments in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day