Chopper deal: Reveal names of journos on Orsi`s payroll, says Italian lawmaker
New Delhi: In wake of corruption allegations against Finmeccanica, an Italian lawmaker has reportedly asked Prime Minister Mario Monti to reveal the names of journalists and media workers on the payroll of former CEO of the defence firm Giuseppe Orsi.
Senator Raffaele Lauro, a member of the Italian Finance Committee, asked Monti to "eradicate the rot" of alleged collusion between world of information and top management of companies, according to Italian media reports.
"If not covered by the confidentiality of investigations, the list of journalists and media workers on the payroll of Orsi should be made know immediately," a report quoted Lauro as saying.
The report filed by Italian investigators in the court of Tribunale Busto Arsizio there had alleged that Orsi had told Finmeccanica`s chief press officer to manage at least 20 journalists for 20-30 months for a print campaign to improve the image of the firm.
Lauro is a member of the Italian senate and the Prefect.
Meanwhile, the Italian court today resumed the hearing of the case.
Orsi`s lawyer has denied that his client had in any way tried to pressurize the Italian court looking into the matter and getting the prosecutor changed.
India has already initiated steps to cancel the helicopter deal and issued a show cause notice to it saying why the deal should not be cancelled in view of the recent developments in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH