Chopper deal slur on India, needs probe: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: The VVIP chopper deal is a "slur on India" and should be probed thoroughly, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said on Wednesday.
"The helicopter deal is not about corruption. It is a slur on India. The investigations have been done abroad and there must be a transparent and incisive inquiry into it," Kamal Nath told reporters.
"Many parties have agreed on the probe. The centre is ready for any kind of probe," he added.
Kamal Nath Tuesday said that the government was open to parliamentary probe into the deal. The opposition plans to raise the issue during the budget session starting Feb 21.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India