Chopper deal slur on India, needs probe: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: The VVIP chopper deal is a "slur on India" and should be probed thoroughly, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said on Wednesday.
"The helicopter deal is not about corruption. It is a slur on India. The investigations have been done abroad and there must be a transparent and incisive inquiry into it," Kamal Nath told reporters.
"Many parties have agreed on the probe. The centre is ready for any kind of probe," he added.
Kamal Nath Tuesday said that the government was open to parliamentary probe into the deal. The opposition plans to raise the issue during the budget session starting Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan tightening noose around JuD fundraising?
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha
- Zee Entertainment launches Zee.One in Germany
- No talks about starring with Kangana in Ritesh's next: Irrfan Khan