Chopper deal slur on India, needs probe: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: The VVIP chopper deal is a "slur on India" and should be probed thoroughly, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said on Wednesday.
"The helicopter deal is not about corruption. It is a slur on India. The investigations have been done abroad and there must be a transparent and incisive inquiry into it," Kamal Nath told reporters.
"Many parties have agreed on the probe. The centre is ready for any kind of probe," he added.
Kamal Nath Tuesday said that the government was open to parliamentary probe into the deal. The opposition plans to raise the issue during the budget session starting Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt