Chopper deal slur on India, needs probe: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: The VVIP chopper deal is a "slur on India" and should be probed thoroughly, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said on Wednesday.
"The helicopter deal is not about corruption. It is a slur on India. The investigations have been done abroad and there must be a transparent and incisive inquiry into it," Kamal Nath told reporters.
"Many parties have agreed on the probe. The centre is ready for any kind of probe," he added.
Kamal Nath Tuesday said that the government was open to parliamentary probe into the deal. The opposition plans to raise the issue during the budget session starting Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends