Chouhan blames Nehru for whole of Kashmir not being part of India
Bhopal: Two months after praising Jawaharlal Nehru as a "legend" and architect of modern India, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Thursday blamed the former prime minister for the whole of Kashmir not being part of India.
Addressing a gathering in Chhattarpur district, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief minister said: "It is the mistake, historic mistake, of former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru as because of him, the whole of Kashmir could not be part of India."
BJP`s wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha has announced it will hoist the tricolour in Srinagar`s Lal Chowk on Jan 26 - Republic Day.
Chouhan had just two months ago praised Nehru back on his birthday - Nov 14.
The chief minister`s words were: "Pandit Nehru is not only a legend of the country but he is the architect of modern India, and his contribution to bringing the nation on the path of development post-independence is praise worthy."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!