Chouhan blames Nehru for whole of Kashmir not being part of India
Bhopal: Two months after praising Jawaharlal Nehru as a "legend" and architect of modern India, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Thursday blamed the former prime minister for the whole of Kashmir not being part of India.
Addressing a gathering in Chhattarpur district, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief minister said: "It is the mistake, historic mistake, of former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru as because of him, the whole of Kashmir could not be part of India."
BJP`s wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha has announced it will hoist the tricolour in Srinagar`s Lal Chowk on Jan 26 - Republic Day.
Chouhan had just two months ago praised Nehru back on his birthday - Nov 14.
The chief minister`s words were: "Pandit Nehru is not only a legend of the country but he is the architect of modern India, and his contribution to bringing the nation on the path of development post-independence is praise worthy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lloyds to cut 3,000 jobs, close more branches after Brexit shock
- Chhattisgarh IAS officer claims 94% of death row convicts are Dalits, Muslims, triggers row
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed
- No objection to Rajnath attending SAARC meeting in Pak: Congress
- Punjabi films are Surveen Chawla's first love!- READ