Chouhan blames Nehru for whole of Kashmir not being part of India
Bhopal: Two months after praising Jawaharlal Nehru as a "legend" and architect of modern India, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Thursday blamed the former prime minister for the whole of Kashmir not being part of India.
Addressing a gathering in Chhattarpur district, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief minister said: "It is the mistake, historic mistake, of former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru as because of him, the whole of Kashmir could not be part of India."
BJP`s wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha has announced it will hoist the tricolour in Srinagar`s Lal Chowk on Jan 26 - Republic Day.
Chouhan had just two months ago praised Nehru back on his birthday - Nov 14.
The chief minister`s words were: "Pandit Nehru is not only a legend of the country but he is the architect of modern India, and his contribution to bringing the nation on the path of development post-independence is praise worthy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad