Chouhan blames Nehru for whole of Kashmir not being part of India
Bhopal: Two months after praising Jawaharlal Nehru as a "legend" and architect of modern India, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Thursday blamed the former prime minister for the whole of Kashmir not being part of India.
Addressing a gathering in Chhattarpur district, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief minister said: "It is the mistake, historic mistake, of former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru as because of him, the whole of Kashmir could not be part of India."
BJP`s wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha has announced it will hoist the tricolour in Srinagar`s Lal Chowk on Jan 26 - Republic Day.
Chouhan had just two months ago praised Nehru back on his birthday - Nov 14.
The chief minister`s words were: "Pandit Nehru is not only a legend of the country but he is the architect of modern India, and his contribution to bringing the nation on the path of development post-independence is praise worthy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan