Chouhan for co-ordination of Intel between Centre, state
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh government on Sunday
called for better intelligence sharing between the Centre and
the state to counter terrorism and other security threats.
"There is a need to further coordination between
Intelligence Agencies of the Centre as well as the state. In
the last meeting also I had drew attention towards it, which
has not yet reached the expected level," Madhya Pradesh Chief
Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said here.
"State police units provide intelligence input to Central
agencies, which in return do not respond promptly. Information
related to important incidents should be given to states on an
urgent basis," Chouhan said, adding the communication of this
information through Subsidiary of Multi-agency centre (SMAC)
by Ministry of Home Affairs was pending.
He also asked the Centre to bear the expenditure on
training of personnel in anti-terrorism units, saying "the
Centre should also stand and support expenditure incurred on
The Chief Minister requested the Central government to
arrange special training for officers working in the
anti-terrorism cell. "We have, in past also, asked the
Ministry of Home Affairs to reserve certain seats in NSG and
other specialised institutes for training officers," he said.
Regarding Naxalism, Chouhan said his government has put
in several efforts for development of Naxal affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof