Chouhan goes fasting against hike in fertiliser prices
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Friday began a 24-hour fast here to protest against the steep hike in fertiliser prices during the last one year.
The Chief Minister arrived at the Dussehra ground in the Vittan market at 11 AM to begin his fast.
Chouhan will be staying here for 24 hours till tomorrow although he would go to attend a function in the evening and a wedding ceremony in the night.
He had announced at a press conference on Wednesday his decision to undertake the fast to protest against the hike in fertiliser prices.=
A large number of BJP leaders led by State party President Prabhat Jha were present along with Chouhan.
Those present included former Chief Ministers, Sunderlal Patwa, Kailash Joshi, BJP National General Secretary Narendra Singh Tomar and ministers -- Babulal Gaur, Uma Shankar Gupta and Karan Singh Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!