Chouhan goes fasting against hike in fertiliser prices
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Friday began a 24-hour fast here to protest against the steep hike in fertiliser prices during the last one year.
The Chief Minister arrived at the Dussehra ground in the Vittan market at 11 AM to begin his fast.
Chouhan will be staying here for 24 hours till tomorrow although he would go to attend a function in the evening and a wedding ceremony in the night.
He had announced at a press conference on Wednesday his decision to undertake the fast to protest against the hike in fertiliser prices.=
A large number of BJP leaders led by State party President Prabhat Jha were present along with Chouhan.
Those present included former Chief Ministers, Sunderlal Patwa, Kailash Joshi, BJP National General Secretary Narendra Singh Tomar and ministers -- Babulal Gaur, Uma Shankar Gupta and Karan Singh Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note