Chouhan meets Union Home Minister, demands battalion in border areas of MP
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday Home Minister Rajnath Singh and demanded positioning of a paramilitary battalion in the border areas of the state.
Sources said Chouhan requested Singh that a paramilitary unit could be stationed in south Madhya Pradesh after a CoBRA battalion of the CRPF was replaced from the state sometime back.
The two, during the meeting at Singh`s North block office, are also understood to have discussed matters on security issues related to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez