Chouhan meets Union Home Minister, demands battalion in border areas of MP
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday Home Minister Rajnath Singh and demanded positioning of a paramilitary battalion in the border areas of the state.
Sources said Chouhan requested Singh that a paramilitary unit could be stationed in south Madhya Pradesh after a CoBRA battalion of the CRPF was replaced from the state sometime back.
The two, during the meeting at Singh`s North block office, are also understood to have discussed matters on security issues related to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says