Chouhan promises 24X7 electricity supply
New Delhi: At a time when the country suffered its worst power outage, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday sought investment in his state by promising industry 24X7 electricity supply.
"We provide 24X7 electric supply to industry and by next year all Madhya Pradesh villages also will have round the clock power supply," he said, adding that his state was unaffected when the three power grids collapsed yesterday.
Chouhan, who was in Delhi to invite representatives of the industry for a Global Investors Summit to be held in Indore from October 28-30, said that the state had created a land bank of 20,000 hectares for industrial projects which was free of acquisition problems.
"Madhya Pradesh, till a few years ago fell in the BIMARU category of states but in the last few years we have made efforts to develop infrastructure, good roads and power which continued uninterrupted even when three grids failed," Chouhan said while addressing a press conference here.
Singh who was in Delhi to meet representatives of leading industrial groups said that the policy climate in his state was favorable for the industry.
"Earlier we did not make attempts to attract investment because we did not have even the basic infrastructure. After we managed to create infrastructure, we have begun seeking investment," he said.
The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also said that while the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor passed through the state, three more corridors -Bhopal-Indore, Bhopal-Beena and Jabalpur-Singrauli were being created.
Chouhan said last year factories worth Rs 28,000 crore had been set up in the state while this year the figure has risen to Rs 84,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday