Chouhan promises 24X7 electricity supply
New Delhi: At a time when the country suffered its worst power outage, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday sought investment in his state by promising industry 24X7 electricity supply.
"We provide 24X7 electric supply to industry and by next year all Madhya Pradesh villages also will have round the clock power supply," he said, adding that his state was unaffected when the three power grids collapsed yesterday.
Chouhan, who was in Delhi to invite representatives of the industry for a Global Investors Summit to be held in Indore from October 28-30, said that the state had created a land bank of 20,000 hectares for industrial projects which was free of acquisition problems.
"Madhya Pradesh, till a few years ago fell in the BIMARU category of states but in the last few years we have made efforts to develop infrastructure, good roads and power which continued uninterrupted even when three grids failed," Chouhan said while addressing a press conference here.
Singh who was in Delhi to meet representatives of leading industrial groups said that the policy climate in his state was favorable for the industry.
"Earlier we did not make attempts to attract investment because we did not have even the basic infrastructure. After we managed to create infrastructure, we have begun seeking investment," he said.
The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also said that while the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor passed through the state, three more corridors -Bhopal-Indore, Bhopal-Beena and Jabalpur-Singrauli were being created.
Chouhan said last year factories worth Rs 28,000 crore had been set up in the state while this year the figure has risen to Rs 84,000 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves