Chouhan takes dig at MP Congress leaders for "newfound" unity
Indore: Taking a dig at Congress leaders over their "newfound" unity, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said those who had until recently been fighting like "snakes and mongooses" were now walking hand-in-hand after being scared by the growing support for BJP.
"Afraid of the BJP`s growing public support, Congress leaders who were earlier fighting like snakes and mongooses... are repeatedly saying now that they are united," Chouhan said at a rally at Sanver, 40km from here, on the last day of his `Janashirwad Yatra`.
Attacking Congress leaders for calling him a "ghoshna- veer", Chouhan said, "Congress leaders should know that announcements are made by `veers` (the brave) and not by cowards."
Chouhan highlighted his government`s achievements in the areas of electricity supply, interest-free loans for farmers, improvement of condition of roads, etc., as he urged people to vote for BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends