Chronology of the Buddha Garden rape case
New Delhi: Following is the chronology of the Buddha Garden gang rape case of 2003 in which four members of the President`s Bodyguards Guard were held guilty by a city court on Monday.
Oct 6, 2003: A 17-year-old Delhi University student was raped by four guards at a park near the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Oct 7, 2003: Delhi Police arrests main accused Harpreet along with other three.
Oct 18, 2003: Victim identifies all the accused in the test identification parade.
Nov 28, 2003: Delhi Police files chargesheet against all the four accused.
Dec 20, 2003: Sessions Court begins hearing in the case.
July 4, 2004: Court starts recording of evidence.
July 24, 2009: Defence concludes final arguments in the case. Court reserves its order.
July 31, 2009: Court defers pronouncement of verdict.
August 17, 2009: Court finds Harpreet and Satendra guilty of gang rape, kidnapping and robbery and Kuldeep and Manish of guilty of kidnapping and robbery.
August 22, 2009: Harpreet and Satyender get life term
while two others Kuldeep and Manish get 10 years prison term
for robbery and other charges under IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!