Chronology of the Buddha Garden rape case
New Delhi: Following is the chronology of the Buddha Garden gang rape case of 2003 in which four members of the President`s Bodyguards Guard were held guilty by a city court on Monday.
Oct 6, 2003: A 17-year-old Delhi University student was raped by four guards at a park near the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Oct 7, 2003: Delhi Police arrests main accused Harpreet along with other three.
Oct 18, 2003: Victim identifies all the accused in the test identification parade.
Nov 28, 2003: Delhi Police files chargesheet against all the four accused.
Dec 20, 2003: Sessions Court begins hearing in the case.
July 4, 2004: Court starts recording of evidence.
July 24, 2009: Defence concludes final arguments in the case. Court reserves its order.
July 31, 2009: Court defers pronouncement of verdict.
August 17, 2009: Court finds Harpreet and Satendra guilty of gang rape, kidnapping and robbery and Kuldeep and Manish of guilty of kidnapping and robbery.
August 22, 2009: Harpreet and Satyender get life term
while two others Kuldeep and Manish get 10 years prison term
for robbery and other charges under IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read