Chronology of the Buddha Garden rape case
New Delhi: Following is the chronology of the Buddha Garden gang rape case of 2003 in which four members of the President`s Bodyguards Guard were held guilty by a city court on Monday.
Oct 6, 2003: A 17-year-old Delhi University student was raped by four guards at a park near the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Oct 7, 2003: Delhi Police arrests main accused Harpreet along with other three.
Oct 18, 2003: Victim identifies all the accused in the test identification parade.
Nov 28, 2003: Delhi Police files chargesheet against all the four accused.
Dec 20, 2003: Sessions Court begins hearing in the case.
July 4, 2004: Court starts recording of evidence.
July 24, 2009: Defence concludes final arguments in the case. Court reserves its order.
July 31, 2009: Court defers pronouncement of verdict.
August 17, 2009: Court finds Harpreet and Satendra guilty of gang rape, kidnapping and robbery and Kuldeep and Manish of guilty of kidnapping and robbery.
August 22, 2009: Harpreet and Satyender get life term
while two others Kuldeep and Manish get 10 years prison term
for robbery and other charges under IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users